Sunday, August 23, 2015

That's How it Goes

I've dropped a couple of pounds recently.  Nothing *too* earth shattering, just enough that a few people noticed it, but most haven't. One of the people who noticed asked me what my secret was....I told her I was just limiting my intake of carbs at dinner time, and that was pretty much it.  Then I got to thinking more about it, and while I've consciously been doing this, there are other things that probably factor in as well. Like working hard at getting a good routine set up for evening/night time. Fixing dinner for everyone to sit down and eat together AND generally actually fixing a meal, not just tossing stuff in a microwave. Getting better/more sleep. I also do tons of squats, but Ive been working on those for a VERY long time. Harlow is 14months old, and I guess with each kid it's all different. I'd been exercising and not having a horrible diet since he was pretty much born. Maybe it's just one of those things where my body is finally saying, "hey! You're healed from birth and surgery enough that I'll start letting you see some benefit to what you've been doing?" Whatever the case, I'm just glad my pant sizes aren't continueing to go up. We were getting to numbers that made me nervous (for health and vanity reasons, honestly).  I've also been discovering more and more lately that I'm fairly sure no one really wants to hear what I have to say.  They really just want me to listen. I used to be really good at that. It's a work in progress. I will get better at it (hopefully sooner than later).

3rd grade seems to be good for Faith.  Her new aide is wonderful. She just seems to enjoy Faith, enjoy being there, and has a fantastic attitude. Faith is always glad to greet her in the mornings. She's went to the bathroom in the correct place at least once a day for the past 11 days, and for the past 4 of those 11 even more than once.  This is the most successful attempt we've ever had at potty training her.  It's an incredibly slow process, but we are getting there.

Angelus seems to like being a 6th grader just fine. He did say the swiping of classes has him more than a little confused, but we're pretty sure even the teachers are confused about it all still. The newest teacher he has this year was telling them all about ladies having to wear corsets and heavy dresses long ago. This prompted him to tell me to never wear one because he didn't want me yo die. I appreciate that and don't want to die, but I did also tell him that that's something you kinda train your body for. Which I have not, so we're good. I won't be wearing one anytime soon.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment